Friday, November 20, 2015

20.11.15

morning walk:
Alice
Ginger
Bette
Osita
George
Ernie
Molly
Maggie
Junebug
(9)

I took this group for what turned out to be a fairly quick walk around the cow pasture plus a little more. I had thought to go across the land bridge and head south but there were salt workers right across the bridge bagging one of the huge mountains of salt right in our path. June was already being a little skittish so intead I took us north along the shore of the charco, up onto the dirty road and around to the coco trail. June definitely was wary of me and didn't want to let me get her on the leash, but I persevered and managed to get her at the northern end of the coco trail, just after we turned. I had wanted to continue on to the beach but by that point a couple of them were tired from the pace (Ernie, George) and the bugs were starting to get bad. June was okay on the leash but she pulled quite a bit; she didn't try to get off or give me any attitude, she just needs more practice and time. We made it home pretty quickly from the point where I put her on the leash and everyone stayed together and listened. Osita deserves special mention for staying with the group and listening, two things she has not been good at recently.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!