Friday, December 4, 2015

04.12.15

late morning run:
Alice
Rita
Otto
Shirley
Rufus
Jack
Daisy
(7)

Au Soleil Couchant: ~5k. Rufus left without a muzzle for the first time in a few runs; he was much better, didn't jump at me in excitement or take any crazy runs at anyone in the first 300m. After that he settled down, although I left him on the leash until we hit the beach. We took the maginot line in both directions. It was windy out (a norte is blowing through) so I was fairly confident that the dogs at the army encampment wouldn't hear us over the noise. This worked out well. The wind on the beach was so strong it was hard to make progress in places, also due in part to the huge, thick carpet of seaweed that has been thrown up onto the beach by the storm. It's a bit like one of those training exercises where they run through tires: you have to pick your feet up and really push to make any headway... unless you're a dog, in which case you have doggie super powers and you don't care. We all ran pretty hard; I took us just north of A.S.C. and turned around. I had to hook Shirley up heading south because she was too far ahead, so I left her on until the shrimpery where I switched her for Rufus. Rita rolled in some awful poo at the shrimpery and had to be bathed afterwards, but otherwise everyone was perfect.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!