Friday, December 7, 2012

07.12.12

morning run:
Osita
Archie
Ernie
Stella
Daisy
Zoot
Steve McQueen
Petey
(8)

To the swimming hole and home: ~7k. I fell and injured myself last Friday; slashed my head open and banged myself up nicely. Roni has tended to my wound all week and it was clear that I should not go for a run or anything like it; the week has been further spiked by a nice head cold for me, a nice head cold for Roni offset by a couple of days and a wave of general suckitude that wiped us both out and grounded all doggie sorties while we recovered. Today was the first day I could feasibly think about going out; Roni is hopefully only a day or two behind me. I'm noting this in detail now so we can figure out when that was that I sliced my head open like an idiot... This run was challenging. Stella was on the hook the whole way. I was in surprisingly decent shape considering the layoff but the point was really to check things out, blow a bit of goo out of my head and get some of the crazier dogs out before they drive US insane. We ran into a salt worker truck just past the 1km mark. Petey didn't want to go by it so I took us all back and brought us around in the monte to the side; Petey was brave enough to wait for me and follow along. We took the parallel road to the Au Soleil Couchant access road, looped around for the swimming hole and headed home via the cut-over. It would've been perfect if not for Ernie deciding to take a 10 minute roll-in-human-shit break (he claims the union negotiated him that in his contract). I was pissed to put it mildly and he was on the other end of the leash from there on. Other than that everyone was perfect and had a good time.
GRADE: B (f'ing Ernie)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!