Wednesday, December 26, 2012

26.12.12

morning run:
Rita
Monkey
Mo
Mega
Lex
Zoot
Amber
Steve McQueen
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. Petey sat this one out due to logistical considerations: (a) he's a freak, (b) there were too many wound-up dogs between him and the door, (c) he's a FREAK. I haven't been taking all six of them at once lately anyway but some mornings it seems like it's just impossible. The idea was to get as many of the tribe out as possible to tire them out / shut them up today so 5/6 was good enough. I decided to hit the hidden trail right as we were at the turn north from the Au Soleil Couchant road; I have been doing the southern routes more recently to avoid the gringo-laden beach (and because I like it out there) but the tribe love the ocean so much that they sort of talked me into it. I had Amber on the hook the entire run and she was really good about it. We ran into Xmul and her human/pack on the beach just south of where we come out on the hidden trail; Xmul chased Mega into the water and ran around like a lunatic while Nicole wrangled her terriers but we separated amicably and quickly. I put Mega on the other end of the leash as we turned south from the tortuga road to keep the pace down in the last ~2km and keep us all together. Everyone listened and had a good time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!