Tuesday, April 16, 2013

16.04.13

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Posey
Truman
Tuesday
Archie
Elewah
Daisy
(8)

Short loop in the monte: ~2k. This was an abortive attempt at a short run. I was going to go to Au Soleil Couchant via the beach at the tortuga sign and home via the monte just to get a short one in with a fast group before I went to the city. Unfortunately Ginger game up lame almost immediately; she was limping severely by the time we got to the shrimpery intersection. This group was way too wound up and fast to just turn around right there and I wanted to give Ginger a chance to shake it off, since she has done that on a couple occasions. I just took us slowly out the coco trail and down the dead goat trail watching Ginger intently the whole way. By the time we got to Tuesday's crossing it was clear to me that we had to go back; Ginger was limping a little less but it was noticeable. She probably stepped on a thorn or something because she sure seemed fine just before we left. I just took us across Tuesday's crossing and around to the cut-over and brought us home over the ridge and the land bridge. When we got to the other side of the land bridge we encountered a salt worker that I happen to know, coming to work; Tuesday freaked out a little at the strange man on a bicycle and when I went to reel her in she slipped her collar and headed for home with that crazy, paranoid look on her face. I politely left my interlocutor and gave chase with everyone else but since Ginger couldn't really run very well and we were so close to home I just let Tuesday win. She ended up in the bushes along our northern fence, pleading with Roni to come save her. I'll skip Ginger the next run and we'll watch her. Except for Tuesday's nuttiness everyone else was really good in an unusual situation.
GRADE: B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!