Tuesday, April 23, 2013

23.04.13

morning run:
Ginger
Frijolita
Posey
Truman
George
Twiggy
MoMo
Xmul
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. We took a tortuous path to avoid large groups of salt workers close by; it isn't that this group is bad (Xmul was on the leash) it is rather the salt workers and their... environmental footprint that irritates me (especially with Mo around). We started out going down the dead goat trail but then doubled back to the alt. land bridge, took the cut over to the intersection, crossed the next group of charcos east via the jeep berm and ended up on the road just east of the swimming hole. When we got to the junction with the Au Soleil Couchant road everyone seemed like they could use a dip in the ocean, especially George and Ginger; I had a feeling it would be deserted again and I've been pretty accurate lately so what the hell: we took the dog leg north to the beginning of the hidden trail and ran the beach south all the way to the tortuga sign. Xmul was off the leash on the beach and I don't think I'll be doing that again; she ran ahead like a lunatic to the tortuga sign and then refused to let me put her back on the leash. I had to trick her and it took the better part of 15 minutes; although this does not speak very well of me it also means that I will not be trusting her off the leash for a very long time if ever again. There wasn't anyone around but if there had been I'm sure she would've been a real jackass. Everyone else was exemplary; we ended up running past the large group of salt workers just to the north of the dead goat trail on the way home and they were all shouting and hooting at us, had left their food in the middle of the road and who knows what besides and everyone just followed me and paid no attention to them at all. Good job on an incredibly humid morning.
GRADE: A

morning swims:
Greta
Bette
(2)

I didn't really have time to take them out but they both really need it and they are such angels.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!