Friday, April 19, 2013

19.03.13

morning run:
Gracie
Frijolita
Blue
Elewah
Lily
Molly
Daisy
Hazel
(8)

Northern charcos: ~9k. I left Ginger today because of the way she came up lame last time; she isn't limping now but she can have a rest anyway. We left with nobody on the leash, but Hazel's enthusiasm for the big-bag-o-death dumped near the shrimpery landed her on the hook right there; I had her off the leash for a lot of the run but reeled her in when there was a higher chance that there was something disgusting for her to get into. She behaved herself when off the leash and gave me no problems. There were salt workers everywhere along our route, including vehicles, clusters of dudes hooting and whistling, etc.; the dogs were really good. It was also incredibly humid and I am not feeling quite at my best; it has been so hot and humid lately that Roni and I have had a hard time sleeping properly at night. I put Molly on the other end of the leash with Hazel on the coco trail coming home because I don't trust her not to bolt for the beach - she was good about it. I also scooped Elewah up at the shrimpery so I was quite a sight crossing the road (which, naturally, nobody saw). All in all a good group and a good run.
GRADE: A

morning walk:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Lucy
Tito
Monkey
Xmul
Linda
(8)

Roni took this crew out for a walk around the cow pasture. It was damned hot and humid already and she had Xmul on the leash the whole way. Linda ran ahead enough to be annoying and Miles dawdled as usual. Henry also screwed around a little too much, not listening near the road. Still in the end the dogs all looked pretty pleased with themselves when they got home... we have GOT to go bury that bag-o-death at the shrimpery.
GRADE: A-

morning swim:
Greta
(1)

I skipped Bette today because she barely moved a muscle yesterday after her swim and we want don't want to push it; she's getting diet food and losing weight and the swims do help. Greta is also losing weight but she has a lot farther to go; still I can't fault her behavior and she really was my cute little puppy.liebschen / water angel today.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!