Monday, January 16, 2012

16.01.12

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Eve
Godzilla
Chester
Lily
Molly
Luna
(8)

Southern charcos to the road to no-man's land, north on the palapa road all the way to the Au Soleil Couchant road and home via the middle access road and the trails behind the tortuga road crossing: ~9k. We left late-ish but it was chilly and a bit windy, heading towards overcast. My foot is not 100% better yet but we kept a good pace. I had Gracie on the hook out in the middle of nowhere where she likes to hunt; she showed no signs of wanting to bolt but I played it safe with her until the Au Soleil Couchant road. I put Molly on just on the trail home but really everyone was excellent and never gave me any cause for grief.
GRADE: A

rehab swim:
Twiggy
(1)

It was chilly but not so churned up so we went for a longer dip this time. She did something like 7 laps, but it's hard to say exactly because she kept swimming around with me. She is already faster in the water than I am again - I cannot get away from her if she really wants to catch me. She's using that leg a lot more and it's starting to look like the leg that was operated on is increasingly the good leg and the one that's left is the not-so-good one.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!