Thursday, January 26, 2012

26.01.12

morning run:
Gowron
Monkey
Zoot
Mega
Lex
Petey
Steve McQueen
Amber
(8)

Hidden trail to the beach, south to the tortuga sign and home via the dirty road: ~8k. At first I was averse to going back to the hidden trail with this crew but the southern charcos are being worked more heavily and I decided I'd just be extra-vigilant near the road and with Mega in general. Also, it was really humid and I had a feeling they would enjoy the ocean. We had no issues getting down to the shore at which point the tribe went ballistic and threw themselves in with wild abandon, to a pup; they are all extremely strong and enthusiastic swimmers. They enjoyed it so much I took us on the beach all the way to the tortuga sign so they could swim more; I went in with them many times much to their delight - they would quickly surround me like little aquatic dervishes. There were some men working just north of the "Y" in the road from the dead goat trail, so I took us up said trail and then cut back along the cow pasture to get to the dirty road. Nobody had trouble with the distance or pace and they're all tired now.
GRADE: A

rehab swim:
Twiggy
(1)

Ten laps this time in the usual stink and chop. The bottom feels like it is mostly covered in rotting seaweed that squishes between your toes and sends bubbles of noxious gas up at you as you walk. Still, Twigs had fun and chased me around a lot.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!