Wednesday, March 6, 2013

06.03.13

morning run:
Ginger*
Gracie
Posey
Truman
Tuesday
Gowron
Elewah
Daisy
(8)

Hidden trail and then some: ~8k. Ginger came up lame almost immediately, before we even got to doce out of the gate; I brought her back and went on and the rest of my charges were all really good about it. She probably stepped on something because she had no trace of a limp before we left. It was a bit cold and everyone was fired up so we really hit it for the first few kilometers; this is the default modus operandi with Tuesday along. When we got to the beach I could see the French Canadian fellow who has a dog and a puppy now just south sitting on the beach with his dogs. I thought he must've known we were there but he made no move to assert more control over his dogs and I didn't feel like having to reign in Elewah so after a bit of dithering I decided to take us north on the beach; I figured I know the monte well enough that I should be able to find a place to get back in and over to the hidden trail going east. Sure enough a couple hundred meters up the beach I saw a break in the brush for a fence-line so I took us east and followed the fence posts. We ended up coming out at the northern tip of the charco whose southern end coincides with the end of the hidden trail; we then just ran the perimeter of that charco heading south to pick up our trail going east. On the way back I cut south along the charco that joins the hidden trail with the Au Soleil Couchant road; this is also where that lingering pile of offal resides so everyone appreciated having a second crack at that. Lovely. Truman took me down early as we were heading out and I caught a few spines and such while we were off-roading so I'm fairly beat up now. Still everyone behaved themselves and worked with me in a strange situation.
GRADE: A

morning jaunt:
Miles
(1)

I took Miles to the shrimpery with me to meet up with the workers who are putting the fence in. Miles approved of their work.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!