Sunday, March 24, 2013

24.03.13

morning run:
Frijolita
Blue
Archie
Ziggy
Molly
Monkey
Luna
Hazel
(8)

Northern route: ~8k. Instead of the full "northern charcos" route I've been taking I cut it a little shorter by heading east directly from the turn to the hidden trail; this cuts off the loop to the north and results in a slightly shorter run. Monkey was already breathing fairly heavily when we got to the turn onto the hidden trail and the humidity was taking its toll on everyone so I thought a slightly shorter run was a good idea. The last two days have been muggy and hot like August, not March; we didn't leave particularly late but it was already pretty thick. Ziggy had a hard time the whole way and was really lagging by the end; he usually has boundless energy and is never far from me on a run so I took this as a sign that we should not go so fast or so far. Hazel was off the leash from the hidden trail until we got back to the the road west and she was good; I had her on for the rest of the way because there are so many people and vehicles in the monte right now but she seems to be cleaning up her act and can probably be trusted a little more. I put Archie on the other end of the leash with her at the intersection with the palapa road because he was screwing around too much in the bushes with his ears turned off. He needs to be checked on the leash every so often to keep him honest otherwise he skates by on his "good boy" reputation. Molly also screwed around WAY too much and bolted for the beach when we got home; I had to go down and collect her after I put everyone else in. An unbalanced and annoying run in parts but in the end everyone had a good time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!