Sunday, March 31, 2013

31.03.13

morning run:
Ginger
Gracie
Frijolita
Posey
Tuesday
Frankie
Molly
Daisy
(8)

Northern charcos: ~9k. Same route as yesterday; I was kind of thinking we might see that wild pup out there but we didn't - I'm sure it's long gone. I let Tuesday off the leash for a stretch when we were way out there and she was good; I put her back on as we were reaching the swimming hole because I thought maybe she was getting a bit paranoid. This was pretty much a perfect run until we got home. Molly bolted for the beach just as we got to the final corner. I made a quick judgment call and thought I should catch her before she got to the shack to the south because I had Tuesday with me (fast) and I didn't know who or what was on the beach (Easter) so I took off after her. Sadly I was wrong and could not catch her; we all ended up on the beach and Molly pulled out all the stops to get away from me. I ended up freaking Tuesday out and she slipped out of her collar and ran around to the north shack while I tried to wrangle Molly... a total flaming disaster at the very end. Roni had to go out and fish Tuesday out of the weeds on the lot to the north of us while I searched in vain for Molly's collar on the beach. Molly cannot be off the leash coming home. She's improved as far as not barking at people and not chasing vehicles but she still cannot be trusted especially close to home. It sucks because until that point there had not been a single negative thing. Everyone else was really good including Tuesday who can't be blamed for getting freaked out given her bizarre emotional nature. At least there wasn't anyone on the beach or anything for anyone to get into.
GRADE: C (at least we all came home together)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!