Saturday, March 30, 2013

30.03.13

morning run:
Archie
Gowron
Mega
Lex
Zoot
Petey
Amber
Steve McQueen
(8)

Northern charcos: ~9k. I took us on the route to avoid people but we ran into a couple anyway; it was early and it's Easter weekend but still somehow there were a few hardy dudes working in the salt swamps. Way out near the farthest point north just as we were starting back south I saw what looked like a small white dog, probably a pup, running like a lunatic to get away from us in the brush about ~100m ahead. None of my charges saw it so I quickly pulled us off the trail we were on and took us around the perimeter of the charco it bordered to the west, keeping the tall bushes and grass between us so the tribe wouldn't freak out and give chase. It worked and I got us back to the main road without running into the little thing but I had the feeling we might have been followed for a stretch after that. Zoot bolted back once just east of the intersection and I thought maybe it was that but he came back quickly when I called. Other than that it was uneventful. Amber was off the leash for a while out in the deep monte and she was a good girl; she was also good about letting me get her back on the leash. Coming home I put Mega on the other end of the leash with her and everyone was really good getting home.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!