Tuesday, August 2, 2011

02.08.11

morning run:
Bette
Gracie
Frijolita
Blue
Ziggy
Lily
Floyd
Xmul
(8)

Hidden trail the long way: ~9k. It would've been the hidden trail the normal way (~8k) but Ziggy was an ass on the beach chasing one of those stupid white cranes. I'm honestly not sure which was dumber, the crane or Ziggy. The cranes have the irritating habit of flying away from the dogs in the direction that we're already going so that they effectively just lead the dogs on farther and father, but then Ziggy has the irritating habit of doing it every single time and ignoring me until he's out of range, and I have to haul ass to catch him. Everyone else listened well and stuck with me, but I had to trick Ziggy by going back into the monte at Au Soleil Couchant instead of the tortuga sign; this added ~1km and about a million mosquito bites. Xmul barked a little at some salt workers we came upon suddenly (the only ones), but honestly she just made them laugh; I made her stop and come with me right away, which she did well, but we still need to work on that mouth of hers. I worked constantly with Floyd on his pulling, especially on the way home where he gets excited and leaps ahead every time he sees a lizard (he never catches them). He was better about it by the time we were rounding the last turn but he also needs plenty of work. It was hot, humid, mosquito-infested and exhausting, but also very pretty.
GRADE: B (not as bad as a C but definitely not an A)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!