Saturday, August 27, 2011

27.08.11

morning run:
Otto
Archie
Chester
George
Eve
Rufus
Ernie
Elewah
Jack
(9)

We left late, it was already quite hot and we had George with us so we didn't go far; to the beach at Au Soleil Couchant via the shire and home via the tortuga sign: ~7k. I screwed up the count when I let Eve down - I knew Elewah was out and included but I didn't see her when I re-counted. Then I had Roni let Rufus down at the last minute to avoid so much noise at the gate and that brought us to nine. Since everyone in this group has been pretty solid for a while I just went with it and it turned out okay, but I found myself counting them all incessantly the whole way. George was a trooper and was never really that far behind, partly because I kept the pace down and partly because he's the man. The swimming hole in the shire is low but still nice for the dogs to cool off a bit. I scooped Elewah up at the end but otherwise had very little actual dog-management to do.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!