Friday, August 26, 2011

26.08.11

morning run:
Alice
Lucy
Frijolita
Osita
Posey
Godzilla
Ziggy
Floyd
(8)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant and back the usual way: ~6k. Alice bugged out on us somewhere on the way to the Au Soleil Couchant 3-way. She was with us at the turn off of the dog-leg road, but when we hit the three-way intersection I couldn't find her. We spent nearly 20min looking for her until I finally came to the conclusion that she must've turned around and gone home, which is strange since we were so close to the beach and she likes the water. The rest of us continued on. Sure enough, she was home when we got there, having arrived ~20min before. Not the funnest run, but everyone else was really good about it.
GRADE: B

morning swims:
Greta
Shirley
Gowron
Twiggy
(4)

The ocean near our house is fouled with decomposing seaweed, and since there is no wind and very little current right now it's all just standing still. Nonetheless our intrepid little mermaids did well. Since the sea was calm I dragged them out farther for their "laps" than I usually do. Greta did 8 and had a good time. I brought PupG out with Shirley, but she was more interested in larking around on the beach than swimming (probably due to the gross water). Shirley also did 8, after which I brought both PupG and Shirley back in and took Twigs out. Twiggy did 10 and was really fun; she swam in both directions and clowned around with me in the water. I told her that I thought it wasn't fair her hips were messed up and she responded with "SWIMMING IS FUN!". Naturally she's right.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!