Saturday, July 7, 2012

07.07.12

morning run:
Eve
Archie
Frankie
Ernie
Rufus
Lily
Daisy
Xmul
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. This was another odd group. I had Zoot out at first but he was a bit reticent and Rufus was out of his mind so we switched them at the last minute. I left with Xmul on the hook and Rufus free; although he was crazed for the first 100m he settled down by the shrimpery and was a good boy thereafter. We left a little late but no matter - everyone ran like demons. I let Xmul off right before the swimming hole, put her back on for the stretch north behind the charcos and took her off again when we hit the beach; she was a good girl throughout and probably could've been off the leash more, but I'm still careful with her. All of these dogs were really energetic and played constantly the whole way. At the very end I had Xmul on the hook, Rufus on the other end of the leash and Frankie between them with the leash strung through her collar so that I could make sure none of the bolted for the ocean or barked at a moto on the road. As has been my custom recently I walked us all down the trail under control so that we crossed the road together and we arrived home as sanely as a crazy man with eight dogs can.
GRADE: A

morning walk:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Tito
Frijolita
Reggie
April
(7)

Roni took this group out intrepidly into the bugs with April on the leash, where she stayed for the duration. They basically did a variation of the cow pasture the long way: down the coco trail, straight down past the cow pasture and then around and to the north to come home on the dead goat trail. The bugs were obviously insane and the heat really kicked in when she was on the coco trail coming home, but they were all troopers and walked briskly. Miles kept up and everyone obviously had a blast.
GRADE: A

morning swims:
Greta
Shirley
Otto
Amber
Bette
(5)

I took Greta and Shirley out singly, and then Roni convinced me that Amber is such a good girl she can get thrown in to go for a swim so I took her out with Otto; she was an angel, swam out on every lap, beat us soundly back to the shore and sat patiently waiting for us to get back so she could chase us out again. Finally I took Bette out by herself and she had a really good time, chasing me out on every lap.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!