Friday, July 20, 2012

20.07.12

morning swims:
Linda
Amber
Shirley
Lex
Gowron
Mega
Bette
(7)

I decided to try and shake things up and took Amber and Linda out first just to screw around. Both were highly enthusiastic but Amber especially so in the water, as usual. I made Linda stay in after the first outing but Amber came out each time with me because she listens; we shouldn't make a habit of letting her always get her way but today it worked out well because she got used to going out onto the beach and back into the yard with me many times over. After I put Linda back in I took Shirley out for a few laps and Amber dutifully swam with. Next I brought Lex out; I took the black leash but left with everyone off. We all screwed around in the water for a while. Amber is extremely competitive with her siblings one-on-one and is always swimming over them and biting at their faces to stay ahead of them. I put Lex on the leash at the end because he wasn't listening as well as I would've liked. I also let PupG out on this turn and she needed a bit of encouragement to come back in with the rest of us. I switched Lex for Mega and let PupG come out for another turn with Amber along as always, but I put Megs on the leash before we left. This was a fun bunch; Mega and Amber really swam like maniacs and PupG wasn't far behind. I had to carry PupG in on this group but she's so pathetically cute that I let her come out on the last swim with Bette. Bette really swam with gusto and gave the young ones a run for their money in the water. Amber was really good about going out and coming in the whole time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!