Sunday, July 22, 2012

22.07.12

morning swims:
Greta
Otto
Amber
Lex
Reggie
Gowron
Linda
Steve McQueen
Petey
(9)

This was a complicated morning. First I took just Greta out because it was calm and she enjoys her alone time with me. Next I took Otto and threw Amber in; she came along for every outing after that. I'm effectively training her to be my little assistant secretary of Tribe affairs, since she mainly helps smooth over the strange and rough edges associated with her brothers; also she's a good girl, listens well and always has fun. After I brought Otto back in I took PupG and Reggie out with Amber. I took Reg because I wanted to get other dogs out and he is always such an angel. I had him on the leash out of the gate but quickly took him off. At first he was reticent about swimming, but Amber and PupG more than made up for him. After a couple of minutes and several "laps" out into the water and back to shore with everyone else Reggie got a funny look on his face and decided to come out into the water and get me; he was not the strongest swimmer but he came out where it's way over his head and swam around credibly with everyone else much to their delight (Amber and Lex worship him). We horsed around some, then I brought us all back in and went out with Amber, PupG, Lex and Linda. As usual I had to put Lex on the black leash to get him to come back in and I had to go back out and get Linda; PupG does seem to get better and come in with me like Amber the more she does this. I really wanted to get the two post-ops out since they're looking good and are both crazed. First I managed to wrangle Steve McQueen out so I took him with Lex, Amber and PupG. He was an angel, swam like a nut and came back in like a good boy without having to go on the leash. Finally I managed to wrangle Petey out and substituted him for Steve. Petey really had fun and swam a lot, but he also had a good time horsing around chasing butterfly shadows with Amber on the beach. They all came back in with me without a fuss and I decided to call it a morning. There was a little barking back at the ranch but nothing terrible that had me running back prematurely. We all miss Roni, but especially me (and I do howl a little sometimes... gotta watch that).
GRADE: A

1 comment:

All dogs are welcome to post!