Saturday, September 1, 2012

01.09.12

morning run:
Truman
Eve
Ernie
Jack
Molly
Linda
Twiggy
Amber
(8)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant: ~7k. We took the slightly longer route on the way home. It was cloudy and foggy in places; we could not see the pier to the south from the beach at Au Soleil Couchant. Ernie was really fired up and at the head of the pack most of the way; I put him on the leash at the tortuga sign on the way home to keep the pace down a bit. Molly left on the leash but I let her off at the intersection and she was off for most of the run; I put her back on briefly on the Au Soleil Couchant road because the chances of running into a vehicle are higher there, but at this point I think Amber is more of a concern than Molly on that score. I let her off at the beach and didn't put her back on until we got near the shrimpery, where she and Twiggy were on either end of the leash. I scooped Linda up as we were crossing doce on the way home and thought I had the situation well in hand: Twiggy and Linda are the ones who have been screwing around after runs lately and Molly is just a screwball. Naturally, then, it was Truman, Jack and Amber that ran north on our road to check out a neighbor's car in the next block up. Truman came back right away but I had to run up there, scoop Amber up (I had dropped Linda off already) and tell Jack to come with me. It wasn't terribly serious but Amber needs to be watched more on the way home.
GRADE: A

morning walk:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Lucy
Blue
Frijolita
Tito
Lily
(8)

Roni took this crew out for a jaunt around the cow pasture and the alt. land bridge. Carrying Miles the first bit definitely seems to make things start off a bit smoother. Lily needs some work leaving on the leash to cut down in the insane velocity with which she charges off. Lily and Frijolita paled around a lot and Lucy had a good time swimming in her favorite charco. The bugs were bad.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!