Thursday, September 13, 2012

13.09.12

morning run:
Alice
Blue
George
Ziggy
Lily
Mo
Amber
Lex
(8)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant: ~7k. There were flamingos everywhere this morning; at every turn when heading out on the dirty road there were flamingos hanging out in the little coves and corners of that charco, out in the charcos past the intersection there were flamingos and I could see them in the next group of charcos over as we turned north. I wasn't expecting them to be where they were and Lily got the better of me early on so I had her on the hook for a bit at the beginning and the end to remind her... no damage done, and honestly I doubt any of our dogs is capable of even getting near to one of them but I just don't like to see them harassed at all. I'm sure the salt workers are a lot less worried about it than I am but there's nothing I can do about that. Other than startling some large waterfowl early on this was a quiet run. We left a little late and it was plenty hot and buggy but even George didn't seem to mind too much. Everyone swam with gusto at the swimming hole and in the ocean and followed the rules.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!