Saturday, September 15, 2012

15.09.12

morning run:
Gracie
Ginger
Eve
Frijolita
Chester
Ernie
Elewah
Luna
(8)

Truncated route towards the southern charcos: ~5k. Ernie jumped a flamingo today and I am still angry with him. We were crossing the land-bridge to head south and a flamingo on the other side didn't want to take off for some reason - I suspect it was having some kind of problem. All of the other dogs listened to me but Ernie insisted on running across and harassing it; although it appears he did not wound or harm it I'll never really know. It seemed to be swimming away in the charco normally when I went back to see if I could help it; I had already put Ernie on the leash and made it plain to him how unhappy I was with him. He's lucky he came back. Even if he didn't do any harm to the creature the fact that he ignored me is inexcusable; if I can't trust him after this many years then maybe I'll just never be able to trust him. In any event he will not leave the house off the leash again. I tried to continue on the run once I had everyone together but there were just too many flamingos in that direction and even with Ernie on the leash I just didn't want to chance it... honestly I was also just extremely disheartened. I turned us back north on the terreno federal road, went to the intersection via the secret path and came home.
GRADE: F

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!