Monday, September 10, 2012

10.09.12

morning walk #1:
Lucy
Frijolita
Shirley
Maggie
Bosha
Buddy
Petey
(7)

I took this crew out for a walk around the cow pasture the long way. I had Shirley on the leash the whole way to keep her from running too much and Bosh on the second leash; I had intended to let Bosha off early but she was a little freaked out today for some reason and I got the strong sense I would regret it if I let her off, so they both stayed on. Combined with Frijolita and Petey running ahead and having to keep Buddy in mind this made for a challenging walk; the bugs helped us keep the pace up. Everyone really did have a good time and Buddy ended up not needing my help once, a first.
GRADE: A

morning walk #2:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Tito
Blue
Reggie
Lily
(7)

Roni took this group out shortly after I got back. We did not get a late start but it really got hot early today, like it has for the past few days. Reggie pulled a crazy exit manoeuvre as they were leaving the gate and crushed Roni's right calf against a pointy part of the gate which is still hurting her as I write this; he just doesn't know how big he is. That pointy bit of metal has to be covered somehow if only to deal with Reggie's loopy exits. Once out and about everyone had a good time. Lily spent a little time on the leash early just to keep her honest (there are flamingos around). A nice walk in a hot, buggy time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!