Monday, September 24, 2012

24.09.12

morning run:
Frijolita
Posey
Gowron
Rufus
Lily
Jack
Mo
Xmul
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. To avoid flamingos and their haunts we took the extra-long way out the parallel access road and then east into the monte on the Au Soleil Couchant access road instead of going to the swimming hole; even so we saw a lot of flamingos in all the charcos we passed by and everyone was good for the most part. Posey and Lily do tend to run ahead but they didn't harass so I just kept them with me verbally and didn't use the leash. As it was leaving with Xmul and Rufus on the leash is trying enough - I am getting better at managing it but it requires a lot of concentration. I let Rufus off at the tortuga crossroads but Xmul was on all the way until we crossed doce and got onto the hidden trail proper; I let her off briefly on the trail that cuts north to get to the hidden trail but then I remembered she's a jerk about flamingos so I put her right back on. She was off on the beach and she was a good girl throughout. It was overcast and mercifully cool this morning but there were still a lot of bugs in parts of the monte; we had some light rain yesterday so I expect it will be that way for a while yet. Good, high-paced run.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!