Friday, September 21, 2012

21.09.12

morning run:
Monkey
Daisy
Mega
Lex
Zoot
Petey
Amber
Steve McQueen
(8)

To the beach at Au Soleil Couchant the short way: ~5k. We left late on a cloudy day. I haven't been feeling well recently and am still dragging a bit so I didn't want to go far. We know Petey has a hip problem but he really needed to get out so I thought I would try a short one with him; he does run around a lot in the yard without ill effect so perhaps a short run with an interval of swimming might be okay. Thusfar it appears to have worked out. I'm writing this a couple hours after we went and he still doesn't have a limp. Zoot finally got it together and decided he would come along. Getting sterilized probably helped some as did the presence of all of his peeps. I put Mega on as soon as I could catch him in the first km and left him on until we got to the beach to keep the pace down (actually he came to me when I called him but he's so fast it feels like that). Everyone swam like lunatics and ran with gusto. We did see some flamingos and they did take off when they saw the tribe on two occasions but there was no harassment involved. Everybody was glad to see the gate and come in when we got home.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!