Saturday, August 15, 2015

15.08.15

morning run:
Posey
Eve
Elewah
Jack
Xmul
Mega
Lex
Murci
Cookie
(9)

Souther charcos: ~8k. I thought we might hit no-man's land but yet again we ran into one or two strays out in the monte, this time just north of the swimming hole. I only saw one (running away) but I think I heard the other one barking at us from across the charco. Unlike previous outings I was not able to turn all of my charges around before they noticed; Elewah was an ass and ran over to give them what-for but knocked it off and ran back when she realized her backup was pretty thin. I was not happy with her, which was a theme for this run. I decided to bag no-man's land, turned us around and took the bag-end land bridge to the palapa road, intending to run the whole way around. Elewah yet again pissed me off by staying much too far ahead for most of the palapa road (probably sensing that I was not pleased with her); I didn't want this to become lets-all-chase-Elewah so instead of continuing south after we turned west from the palapa road I took us back north along the middle path, forcing her to turn around and come back to the rest of the group. There was an old man working alone in the charcos along that road (who Elewah had considered chasing when he was on his moto), so I took us off-roading a bit, against my better judgement, to get to an overgrown road I remembered that skirted that charco. By now I was highly irritated with Elewah but I didn't want the wheels to fall off so I took us home the most obvious way, across the jeep berm to the intersection, cut-over and alt. land bridge. She was fine the whole way but always dancing ahead of me, knowing that I was planning on scooping her up at the shrimpery. She didn't let me do this but at least had the sense to run straight home to the gate and not head off on another unauthorized sortie. She spent a little time in the box when we got home. Everyone else was stellar and had fun on a strange route.
GRADE: B

morning swim:
Greta
(1)

What a good girl.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!