Saturday, August 22, 2015

22.08.15

morning run:
Truman
Luna
Xmul
Mega
Lex
Steve McQueen
Murci
Cookie
(8)

No-man's land: ~8k. Hazel was slated to go but pulled up just outside of the gate and went back when Roni called her; she's having a fungal issue that is uncomfortable for her and needs more medicine and recuperation before she goes on another run... I thought it would be okay but it obviously wasn't. Sadly I was unaware of the fact that Hazel took herself out of the game early until we were at the shrimpery; Roni yelled to me but I didn't hear and ended up bringing everyone back to the house to see what had happened. Luna naturally took this as an opportunity to sneak down to the beach for a dip; I can't really get mad at her for it, she just loves to swim, so I collected her and started off anew with the eight I had left. From there on the run went smoothly. We took the southern route heading out; there were dogs at the tar paper shack but all of my charges were good and ignored them. When we came out of no-man's land and were heading west I saw there were groups of salt workers to the south and right ahead of us at the intersection of the Au Soleil Couchant road, so I chose a path that went between the two groups and took the narrow berm across the northern tip of the southern charcos to get to the swimming hole. Everyone enjoyed this immensely, since we haven't done it in a while, and we managed to avoid all of the people and their... stuff. The swimming hole is full enough now for full-blown doggie shenanigans and everyone had a blast there; there was a small group of egrets hanging around in a nearby charco and Cookie and Murci were both good, listened to me and didn't chase them. Coming home our normal way was blocked again by salt workers just to the south of the alt. land bridge; since I had just been at Angel's place yesterday looking for him and noticed there were no chickens or dogs (or Angel) there, I took a chance and came home via the dead goat road (his road), which worked out well. It was a high-paced, hard run and everyone had a great time.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!