Monday, May 6, 2013

06.05.13

morning run:
Rufus
Jack
Mega
Lex
Zoot
Petey
Amber
Steve McQueen
(8)

Around the swimming hole: ~7k. I took another tortuous route to avoid large clusters of salt workers. I took us over the land bridge and north on the main road through the intersection. When we got east of the intersection I could see there were not many people working in the southern charcos so I planned to take us across the bag end land bridge and head south on the palapa road. Steve put the kibosh on this plan when we got to the intersection - he got The Fear for some reason and refused to turn onto the palapa road, instead skulking back and hiding by a salt pile. I wasn't sure why he felt this way - there was nobody around but us, he had been on my heel the entire way so far and everyone seemed to be having a great time. No matter, he was freaked out and I didn't want to fight with him so I took us north instead on the road that goes past the swimming hole, all the way to the Au Soleil Couchant road and came home in a big loop along the main road the way we came. Steve was fine once we turned away from the palapa road and I'm really not sure what provoked his reaction. Rufus left off the leash but I put him on early for a couple of kilometers just to calm him down - he was perfect thereafter. Everyone behaved themselves and listened well.
GRADE: A

morning walk:
Zasu
Miles
Henry
Lucy
Tito
Bette
Monkey
Tori
(8)

Roni took this crew out for a walk in the charcos. She went out the coco trail to the charco to the north of the dead goat trail and came back - too many salt workers hooting and hollering in those nearby charcos right now. Tori left off the leash and Bette on but Roni let Bette off quickly and put Tori on on the coco trail because she runs ahead too far. Everyone else did well and Miles was not quite as annoying as he can normally be.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!