Wednesday, May 22, 2013

22.05.13

afternoon gallop:
Rufus
Jack
Amber
Tori
(4)

To the tortuga sign on the beach and home in the monte: ~2k. Another tired/stressed work day but Roni suggested a run up the beach would be good for Rufus and a little crew so what the hell - Roni helped me sneak out with these four when the wind and the surf were high on the beach side with Rufus on the leash. The strays at the soldiers' gave chase until we got past the HoJo and my charges were good about it - we were hauling ass into the wind so it was difficult to hear anything but we got barked at a lot and everyone just kept moving. I let Rufus off the leash after ~800m and everyone settled down. Tori and Amber are not the least bit bothered by high surf and swam into the ocean out as far as I cared to lead them; Rufus came out a little and Jack preferred the shore... why is it the girls are always braver? We went into the monte at the tortuga sign because I didn't want to run the gauntlet by the solders' again and now that I know a shorter way the heat is a little more bearable, but just a little... once we left the beach the heat was incredible, scorching our feet and pounding the crap out of us. We kept a decent pace anyway mainly due to Tori's enthusiasm. She was a good girl and listened well the whole way. I put her and Rufus on the leash when we got to the middle of the coco trail because I needed everyone to slow down a bit and come home under control. Everyone did really well.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!