Monday, May 27, 2013

27.05.13

morning run:
Truman
Osita
Frankie
Molly
Daisy
Mega
Petey
Tori
(8)

Hidden trail: ~8k. We took our now-usual way north although there really aren't any salt workers on the road we usually take - it's just kind of fun to go a different way for a change and everyone enjoys it. We left with nobody on the leash and everyone was extremely excited early on but calmed down and stayed with me; half of them ran back to get me on the trail before I got to the shrimpery and everyone listened well. I had Tori on the leash for a couple of stretches but I also tested her verbally at many points and she always stopped and circled around to me when I called for her; I also had Mega on the leash on the hidden trail proper because he was starting to get too far ahead - he gets excited when he realizes we're getting close to the beach and I didn't want everyone so strung out as Daisy and Frankie aren't as fast. Molly was really up for it; she just went a couple of days ago but I felt she needed it and her behavior has gotten better over the last few months. Osita was a good girl and showed no signs of bolting on me; I think she must be over that, whatever it was. Every single dog on this run was overjoyed about going to the beach; Osita swam the least but even she couldn't help getting swept up by Tori's enthusiasm for the water. We nearly swam the whole way from where the hidden trail lets out to the tortuga sign, or so it seemed. I had Tori and Mega on either end of the leash on the coco trail just to keep the pace down and everyone together at the end.
GRADE: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

All dogs are welcome to post!